Monday, June 3, 2013

Handspun Cotton Scarf is Done


The cotton scarf only took a couple of days to weave.  It is 56" long without the fringes, which are 4" long at both ends.  No broken warp threads, which is great news.  I really like the way that the green and dark brown came out.  And I have plenty left over for another project.



I am carding some reddish brown ginned cotton into punis.  That is, when Frida lets me.  She is sitting on a bag, inside a bowl.  It was a challenge for her to squeeze herself into the bowl, but she managed to do it.  On the left, you can see some ginned white cotton that I am spinning on a Bosworth suspended spindle.  The spindle weighs 0.5 ounce and works just fine for this cotton.



I think I will try knitting with the yarn made from the ginned cotton.  It is not as fine as the yarn I made from roving.

No comments:

Post a Comment