Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mitts are Done, Pelerine Started

The Latvian mitts are done.  The second mitt knit up very quickly, lots of ends to weave in but it blocked out nicely.  In fact, I was wearing these a second ago since we are now in June Gloom here in SD.  I even remembered to make the same mistakes (Design Choices) on the second mitt!


I finally started the pelerine, or short cape, yesterday.  It took me a while to decide on the neck treatment.  I went with a single rolled neck.  I wanted a firm edge.  I am madly increasing every other row.  I just added the first button hole last night; I will include at least 2 buttons to hold the thing closed in front.


This is the Alpaca-Wool blend yarn from Yolo Wool Mill.  I have four 200 yard skeins in 4 natural colors (see previous blog for photo of skeins).

No comments:

Post a Comment