Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fiestas Patrias - Old Town

Last Saturday was Fiestas Patrias in Old Town - or Mexican Independence Day.  Complete with a parade, dancers, activities, food, plays, and of course - Fiber Arts.


Nothing says festive like a parade with horses.  And beautiful ladies on horses is just about perfection.  We greatly admired their dresses.  One of these ladies had her little boy riding with her; what a memory he will have.  Best comment of the day:  After watching me on my driven-spindle wheel for a while, a man looked at me in amazement and said, "You're really doing that, aren't you?".  I said, yes I am.  So many people have never seen someone spinning on a wheel, what a great learning opportunity.  SD Fiber was well represented on the porch at the Robinson Rose house, even providing a hand spindle lesson to our dear interpreter.


A star is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment