Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tahkli Spindle Cup

My friend's father, Jack, made me a beautiful cup to use when I spin on the tahkli.


It's made out of olive wood.  Clever how he made it tall and narrow so that the spindle would be better supported.  I asked him to leave the bottom a little rough so the tip of the spindle could grab it.  He made the smaller bowl holding the cotton sliver, also.  Thanks, Jack!

I finished spinning singles from the gory looking red fiber I dyed a couple of weeks ago (see previous blog below).  This was spun on a Kromski Mazurka while in Old Town.  I will ply it over Christmas.



I am making some mittens for my husband out of Targhee top from Mountain Colors.  This is yarn I made a while ago.  It has been waiting for the perfect project.



I've got the thumb in now, and am finishing up the top.  I decided to add the thumb and then have him try them on for the length.  I might be able to finish one tonight and get the second cast on.

No comments:

Post a Comment