Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pelerine


Choices 1 and 2

I am now seriously thinking about starting the pelerine.  I found the pattern from Schoolhouse Press (Spun Out #40) which was misplaced in Knitter's Almanac for a couple of weeks.  I have sketched out how I would make it: opening in the front with 2-3 buttons.  Now to the fiber.  I have three choices, two of which are shown in one photo, the third in another photo.  The third is yarn I purchased at Yolo Wool Mill; the other two are handspun by me.  Choice 1 is the orangey-white yarn, which I spun from roving dyed and carded at Morro Fleece.  There is a bit of Firestar in there.  Choice 2 is the red/purple yarn I dyed and spun from roving purchased from the Ryan family's Homestead Wool & Gift Farm.  Their roving spins like a dream, by the way.  Choice 3 is the yarn I bought at Yolo Wool Mill, ranging from white, to oatmeal, to gray/blue, to dark gray.  I think all would be lovely.


Choice 3

1 comment:

  1. All three are beautiful choices. My vote: choice #2. Then again, choice #1 is very tempting and might be more versatile, if you have more than one dress that you want to wear it with. Will the pelerine be pointed in the front and back?

    ReplyDelete