Sunday, April 24, 2011

Shy Ramona

I had to add this post showing the shy cat, Ramona.  She is very difficult to photograph because she gets nervous about almost everything.  She particularly dislikes the drop spindle (but not the spinning wheel).  Whenever I even pull a drop spindle out, she runs to hide.  I don't know anything about her early life, since she came to me as a stray looking for a more peaceful home.  Perhaps she was startled as a kitten. 

The project on the table is my color gamp table runner and placements, a kit from Halcyon.  It was fun to weave, but I ran out of steam and took a long break before I finished it.  I wanted to get some handspun singles on the loom, so I was motivated to get it done.  I wove it on a 45" Herald 4 harness floor loom. 

1 comment:

  1. The table runner and placemats are absolutely stunning! I remember when they were on your loom. Very lovely. Ramona, I can relate to being startled, don't worry it won't last forever!

    ReplyDelete