Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Linen Lace Day Cap

While I am knitting my madder-dyed and hand spun jacket, I decided to take a little break and knit a linen lace day cap to wear in Old Town.  I looked online and at a lot of modern patterns, but saw nothing like what I wanted.  So, I decided to invent my own pattern.





I started with a circular cast-on as if I was going to knit a beret.  I increased in a star pattern.  Then knit a few straight rows around, added an eyelet row, and cast off in a lace edging.  I put a matching ribbon through the eyelets, and it was done.  Only took me a couple of days to knit in the evenings.  The linen yarn, while not hand spun, was very nice to work with; I did not knit it in a tight gauge except around the lace edging, where I switched to a smaller needle.  I am very happy with this cap. 

2 comments:

  1. Your new linen lace day cap is simply beautiful! Love the shape and everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It took me much longer to design it than to knit it. It is also very comfortable - or I think it will be when the weather gets warm again.

    ReplyDelete