Friday, November 7, 2014

Madder and Marigold, part 2

I was very pleased with how the marigold fiber came out.  This photo was taken while the roving was still wet; it developed a little more as it dried and is now a gold color - like the color we obtained at the Estes Park Wool Market class (see previous posts).

 
 





I am also attaching a photo of the madder-dyed fiber after I spun it into 2-ply yarn.  The two on the left are the same batch, and the one on the right is slightly more brick-red color.  They are posing on the P.WOOD spinning wheel. 

I plan to dye more marigold this weekend.  The flowers that I used for the batch pictured above were large, pom-pom type orange flowers.  I have some smaller flowers, mixed colors but mostly bright yellow and rust.  I am very curious to see how there would turn out, in contrast to the orange ones which produced a rich gold color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment