Monday, May 9, 2011

Color Gradation Socks - Update

I finally had a chance on Mother's Day to work on the color gradation toe-up socks.  And as predicted, I ran out of yarn. See how far I got.


Got about two inches above the end of the heel.  So, what to do?  I happened to have some similar weight 2 ply yarn that I spun on a handspindle and plied on a wheel.  I think the orange will be a lovely contrast.  I am going to knit one round in orange, then purl a round or two, and so on.  Might rib a bit.  Thanks Rachel for the wonderful yarn bowl, it is coming in very handy.

I also spent some time yesterday dividing up a Sheep to Shoes project from Blue Moon, River Rocked.  I have been sitting on the fiber for a while until I learned to spin sock yarn.  I found the color repeat, did the math to find a total number of strands divisible by 3, then pulled the pieces apart.  I think I am going to separate the color segments and predraft to get the thinnest single.  We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. What to do... That is great! Love those colors together, I predict it will work out just fine. The bowl appears to be the perfect size for keeping the ball of yarn from running away :) That sheep to shoes project sounds fun... Thanks to you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete