Monday, May 9, 2011

New EZ Book! and Wool Combing

Forgot to mention that I received in the mail today the new book from Schoolhouse Press, Knit One Knit All.  My evening is complete.  I may have mentioned before that EZ was my inspiration with her book Knitting Without Tears to start and finish sweaters.  Just thumbing through the book I see many prospective projects.  As a side note, when I was at Sock Summit 2009, I saw Meg Swansen sitting at the book signing; at one point in time no one was in line.  I so wanted to go over and meet her but I was too intimidated and shy (like Ramona).  I will regret this forever.


The book is sitting on a pillow cover I made from scraps purchased many years ago at Ortega's weaving shop in Chimayo, NM.  I could not afford to buy anything at the shop, so bought a bag of mixed scraps.  I have been working away at them ever since.

On the right side of the photo you can barely see some wool that I have been combing.  It is from Funky Spun, right here in Santa Ysabel, San Diego County.  I got a big bag of dyed locks in three New Mexico colors (orange, purple, teal) and am practicing my wool combing.  Only stabbed myself once!


Oh, you can also see the bag with the Sheep to Shoes fiber, plus a glimpse of the Pat Green carder at the edge of the table.  And behind that, my fiber stash oh-so-neatly stored in plastic boxes.  As my former professor Clem Meighan used to say, Onward and Upward!

1 comment:

  1. Ah... I badly need a new book or two to spark some inspiration. (And some time to mess around with my stash!) I can relate on many levels... Again, love the colors and hearing the stories. Wishing I could plan a trip back to NM. In due time, I suppose. I am gearing up to tune my fiddle, since she does not have a case yet I have to be extra careful. Oh- and Please Don't Stab Yourself!

    ReplyDelete